Friday, October 14, 2011

Nerd Rage - My Damn Computer!

My computer is a little aged, I'll admit it. I know it's not going to play the newer games and I don't have the money right now to upgrade/buy a new one. Still, I've never had a game simply crash my computer like Fallen Earth has.
In the past day and a half, the launcher has stalled numerous times nearly locking up my PC, and once in the game I get to play anywhere from 5-30 minutes at which point my computer shuts down instantly. Obviously the processor is getting overheated and it goes into shutdown mode to save itself from frying out. While it's not the game's fault for me having an older PC, I still don't understand how the game even runs for what little time it does.
While in game, the play is smooth with no lag or hiccups other than the server lag being experienced by everyone. I'd expect the game to be horribly choppy and eventually crash, but no, the game runs just fine and then BAM - shutdown.
The FE forums show no one else complaining, so it seems this is indeed an isolated case and therefore a problem on my end. It's a damn shame too, I really wanted to try this game out, especially with the new free to play option.

1 comment:

  1. How old is this PC? Too bad you wanted this game so badly but your PC didn’t meet its requirements. This was more than two years ago though, so I could only assume you already bought a new one. Cordia Remsen @ RB’s Computer Service

    ReplyDelete