Thursday, August 22, 2013

The Side Effects of Rift Damage

It's been a frustrating week trying to sort out the spawning issues in my 1.5.2 setup, and thanks to Crudedragos (author of Project Zulu, Just Another Spawner, and several other great mods) I finally found the source of the problem.

Using the new commands in the DEV version of JAS, I discovered a huge patch of Endermen just east of my location (even though I was on Peaceful). I knew immediately what that meant - a rift damage spread caused by Dimensional Doors.

I traveled east and found extensive rift spread. Setting the game back to Normal and then to day, you can see the Endermen (and the rifts) clearly.



I'm not certain why they were tagged as despawnable, yet were not despawning even in Peaceful, but I at least know what was causing the problem!

No comments:

Post a Comment